Thursday 17 May 2007

Thoughts and photos of a salt crystal

I have taken three out of five exams for this semester now. The next one up is discrete mathematics, it scares me a bit but I guess I'll do fine as usual. I will just get a cup of tea and read through the chapters once again this afternoon and then focus on getting it all to work in practice. After the math exam it's just a silly course in economics that is more or less a walk in the park.

I have applied for three courses at KTH for this summer and two courses at another university. I have received letters of acceptance from the second university but I'd rather study at KTH. I hope to take courses mainly in physics with some connection to computer science or a field related to computer science so that I can apply my knowledge in courses to come.

Instead of going on about bad things I thought that today I would just mention some news that made me happy. S. Korea and N. Korea seems to be getting along better. SvD (in Swedish) writes that regular communications between the countries might be resumed, hopefully this will result in Koreans being able to see their relatives and exchange knowledge, goods and so on. Thus leading to less tension in the area.

DN (in Swedish) says that Amazon is apparently going to sell non-DRM-damaged music. Finally! A company that realises that damaging a product makes it useless. Now I don't have to buy CD;s and rip them in order to play them on my computer.

Lastly, a couple of months ago I visited my mother and she had bought some kind of sea salt. The package also contained larger crystals which I sought out and brought one of them home. The photos didn't end up that well, but I really like the shapes.



No comments: