Tuesday 5 June 2007

Going home... well... sort of

Returning to where you grew up brings you a certain feeling. A feeling of things that have been lost forever. You feel old, happy and sad. And for some reason, you want to return home, to where you currently live. Meeting friends and family is nice, but it stirs up a lot of emotions. It's exhausting.

I had the chance to take a lot of photos, wandering around Örebro and Lindesberg. Here are some of them. I will process a few panorama photos that needs to be stitched in the days to come (or tonight if I'll take a cup of tea in order to stay awake).

Let's begin with some flowers.






Then some flowers and bees.



Then some animals.

A "Skäggdopping" or Great crested grebe in English.

I am not sure which bird this was, I guess I should ask my mother to remind me on what was told about it.

A "Gräsand" or a Mallard I believe it's called in English.

In my hometown Lindesberg this relic has been left standing near the railway station. It's a pump for filling up the water tank of steam engines.

It seems that the railway company has taken actions against birds deciding to rest too close to the electric lines.


In Örebro I found this old sign on a door to a house from the early 20th century. Roughly translated into English it reads "Begging and the sale of merchandise within this property is strictly forbidden".

No comments: