Saturday 2 June 2007

In health... and a panorama

Today I felt better, I managed to get some work done and ship a patch to a customer. I also remembered that cjg and I tried to make a 360 degree panorama photo from the KTH clock tower last summer. Eager to try it myself this time with my rather new camera I set off to the tower. It was closed, so I wandered around campus for roughly 2h and the sun was setting. Finally when I walked through one of the computer halls I found a view. The result can be seen below, it's a rather huge picture so I recommend opening it in a separate window. The only editing done, apart from making it a panorama from several smaller pictures, is removing some flaws made by my camera.

(singe Google don't want to host the whole image, here is a link to the real thing)

What you see is, starting from the lower left corner is the Engelbrekt church, the flag of the KTH student union beneath the flag is the one of KTH;s administrative buildings, the tall distant building is "Nyponet" a 21 story building with student apartments, next with a rather tall chimney is what I believe to be an on-campus heating plant and finally the tower of the KTH library (KTHB).

A tutorial on how to make panorama pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! That's one long tutorial. But I'll read it and make a panorama someday, the results look fun