Friday 26 January 2007

Discrete math

This term I have a course in Discrete mathematics, I don't know why but I somehow feel all exited about it. The first lectures has really been a lot of fun, a part from some proofs which can sometimes be horrible (when it comes to graphs). Somehow I like graphs...

Last Friday I hacked together a small program for graphs, this was quite amusing. I implemented some algorithms and played around. I did have comments regarding my mental health how ever, since I spent Friday night with an open math book next to me. Perhaps I can actually be good at this field of mathematics... or is it yet another field where I find a lot of fascination but still can't really grasp the whole thing? As it was with logic. One thing is for sure though, the old math fear from high school is gone since I started at KTH. At least that is a good thing ^^

No comments: