Monday 30 April 2007

Ports maintainer

Some time ago cjg and I decided to try porting some software. Since we both code some Python now and had some interest in coding audio we took upon ourselves to port two modules for Python that involved audio. cjg was done within an hour, I was not. He is a far better FreeBSD user than me (and coder for that matter) and after a few hours of sweat and blood I managed to succeed in my porting aswell. This of course took a lot of help from cjg, so I claim that he deserves atleast >= 50% of the credits for "my" port aswell. Of course, I forgot to blog about it but porting software can be a lot of fun and is great training for ones patience. Perhaps this is one step closer to becoming more involved in my O/S, who knows. Atleast I hope so.

Link to "my" port.

No comments: